Thursday, December 28, 2017

-24C ....not to be wasted.

Cold weather made for a good test today for my upcoming Tremblant Snowshoe.

Wore....

  • Thermal Wind Proof Underware
  • Mid Weight Tights
  • Water/Wind proof Cycling Pants
  • Gators 
  • Marino Wool Socks  ...mid weight
  • 2/3 zip Marino Wool long sleeve top...next to skin
  • My Sagoi Breath Thermal over the Wool
  • My Water/Wind prof Shell
  • Full Balaclava 
  • Buff cover parts of the face that the Balaclava didn't 
  • Mec Mits ... the warmest they sell.
  • Smith Googles 
  • Addidas Gortex Shoes
  • Dion Snowshoes 

Its like being a kid again taking forever to suit up and head out.   Googles were OK but they fogged then froze up.    Feet were pretty good,   wiggle toes to keep em warm.   Over all was way to hot... base layer got wet!   

I need to either not sweat or bring a second dry layer when I summit the big mountain in Quebec ...I will do both.   

The trail was way way way better then the previous day and I logged 5.2 Ks is 1hr 16min...Snow Shoe Running is rather slow!!!!   


No comments: