Monday, October 21, 2013

Boston Marathon 2011

 It seems like forever ago since I ran Boston in 2011.  The entire experience was totally amazing with the exception of the Marathon I tried to  Run. I don't know what I was thinking but I really believed I could BQ at Boston and went for it.  Live and learn I guess!!!!  Not being real thrilled about my run I didn't  fork out the big $$ for the race pictures.   I received an email recently offering me the pictures at a 40% discount so I figured why not ... there was one good one of me crossing the finish line.

So here is my day in pictures ....

Waiting for the race to start in Hopkinton is unlike anything I have ever experienced.   It was cold,  really cold and the place was alive with energy and pre-race jitters.  I was 100% relaxed loving every minute soaking it all in...I was running Boston!



I made it through the 1/2 at a 5:00 pace felling a bit tired but still OK.



I get a kick out of the next three shots.  Its like the guy in the red shirt thought I was going to keel over!



































I think I am getting close to the finish trying desperately to keep it together.


































This picture captures how I really felt.


































There is nothing quite like crossing the finish line!


































How quickly we forget!