Sunday, April 5, 2009

August 8 2009

Some things just have to be rationalized, namely my plans for Aug 8 2009. I am going to run my first 5K and 50 mile race in the same day!

At 09:50 I am going to run my first 5K with a goal of a sub 20:00 time. Its a local race in Neustadt, http://www.run4youth.ca/. But wait, three is more....

As soon as I am done the 5K its off to Mansfield for my first 80K run, http://www.dirtyrunnerproductions.com/trail_race/. The race starts at 09:00 am but I probably wont start until sometime between 2:00 and 4:00 pm. I cleared the late arrival with the race director . The only thing Dian said was that I have to complete 80K to be a finisher and get OSU points.

Top 3 reasons to do this ....

1) I am working nights the following week. Running all night will help me to adjust my sleep patterns.
2) Its cooler at night. It can be really hot in Ontario at that time of year. If its a real hot day I will go out real easy or I may wait until night fall.
3) I want to put my new headlight to use!

No comments: