Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ran indoors today , rain and cooler temps

Fall is definitely around the corner .. rain and cooler temps forced my run indoors today. Better get use to it ! Just did an easy 10K in 49:38 , played with the elevation throughout the run , trying to somewhat simulate running on an uneven surface to try to minimize the repetitive nature of running on a flat hard surface. Also played with speed , 0-3.3 K 11.5 kmh , 3.3 to 6.6 12.0 kmh, 6.6 to 9.0 12.5 kmh, 9.0 to 9.5 13.3 kmh then a wee bit of a sprint to the end around 15 kmh.

Was thinking allot about form again , this time I tried lifting my legs up more towards my but instead of a shuffle that I have a tendency to do . I can see that it is a way to cover more ground in a shorter time but its also more taxing on the muscles and knees ! I always get a kick out of watching other runners form , there is allot to be learned .

Ron.

No comments: